Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Daddy's Brown Bag Lunch Art (highlights from the first half of kindergarten)

When I was a kid my mom used to draw little pictures on my lunch.  I was determined to continue this tradition for my own kids someday so as soon as Joey started kindergarten I started doodling.  Jeff took over for me one day and I was blown away by the artwork he created.  This was no sketched happy face!

After that day this tradition has become Daddy's special project.  Each night Jeff draws and colors very cool artwork on Joey's lunch.  Of course, Logan and Emmie felt left out so now they too receive a "lunch" for the ride to preschool (consisting of crackers and an apple juice box).

Joey loves to see what his lunch looks like each morning and he can't wait to bring these works of art to school to show his classmates.  When I realized how much effort was going into a bag that would be tossed the next day, I started taking pictures of them.  These are the ones I could grab a photo of in the mornings before school.

Jeff is definitely in the running for Dad of the Year with this tradition!




















No comments:

Post a Comment