Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Must Love Shoes

I didn't used to have this love affair with shoes.  There was a time when shoes didn't really matter to me.  But about 6 years ago that all changed.  I met a pair of BCBG pumps and fell in love.  Ever since then I have been charmed by sandals, dazzled by heels, and smitten with boots.  A year ago my husband got me one of those shoe of the month memberships and took my relationship with shoes to a whole new level.

Guys always ask, "What is it with women and shoes?" And while I used to struggle to find an answer to that, I now know exactly what it is with women and shoes.  It can be summed up in three points -
  1. That hideous ultraviolet lighting in the store will never make you disgusted in the way your feet look in a pair of shoes.
  2. Those little mirrors in shoe stores let you just focus on your feet, which means you will never walk out of a shoe store vowing to never eat another piece of cake.
  3. Unlike the transformation that can occur with clothes that look amazing on a mannequin, if the shoes look gorgeous in the box they don't mysteriously become ugly on your feet. 
Here are some of my current favorite pairs...


Before you ask, no they are not comfortable and yes, I can chase a toddler in them but prefer not to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment