Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Whoo hoo!! Halloween is finally over! 

Yes, I am a fan of all things fall and yes, I do love to see my kids all dressed up and begging strangers for candy, but I am so glad Halloween is over.  I seriously woke up this morning and my first thought was, thank goodness that is done.  I am looking forward to packing up all the Halloween stuff tonight and to celebrating Emmie's 3rd birthday tomorrow.  Because that is how my life works - no rest for the weary! And you know what?  That is exactly how I like it!


Yesterday morning was complete chaos trying to get all three into costumes and into the car in time for their respective schools.  Jeff leaves before they get up most mornings so he missed out on the joy that is Halloween morning.   Between Emmie not wanting to wear a costume, Logan changing his costume twice, costumes put on backwards (that happened to Logan and Joey in a 10 minute span), Emmie crying because I was rushing her, and Joey's hat not fitting correctly, it is a wonder we even made it into the car at all.  I will admit to forgetting to even feed Joey breakfast (yes, Mom of the Year, I know) and to bribing Emmie with candy corn to get her in the car (not my finest parenting moment). 

Logan finally decided on the astronaut costume for school - adorable right?!


Joey was a pirate for school - also adorable! 



And Emmie decided to be a butterfly for school - precious! 

 Trick-or-treating warranted a costume change for all three.  So Joey was an alien/monster/spider monkey thing, Logan was a Transformer, and Emmie was a princess. 


The princess insisted on being carried from house to house - which of course she got! 



All in all it was a successful holiday.  The kids had a great day, they filled their plastic pumpkins with candy, and they looked super cute doing it! What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment