Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Camping in the Backyard

This past weekend we ventured into the backyard for a low-key camping night with our neighbors.  Have I mentioned lately how much we love our neighbors?!  They are the best! 

Friday after school we pitched the tent, tested out the new fire-pit to cook hot dogs and s'mores, and broke out the deck of cards for a round of Old Maid.  

We originally thought an adult would accompany the kids in the tent but the boys were all about a boys-only camping night.  Sure, we were just a few feet away in the house but still it was nerve wracking for me to have the boys outside alone.  Cue the overprotective mom eye roll... but I slept on the couch downstairs with the window open so I was literally 4 feet away.  They were fine of course, and I worried for nothing of course, and I got a crappy night sleep on the couch for no reason - of course! But it was all worth it - the kids had a blast!   


Gidgit supervised and stayed with me on the couch.




LOVE this picture - it so shows how awesome this night was.
Chatting with good friends in our backyard over an open fire with s'mores - what could be better than that?!
Looking forward to more fire pit gatherings in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment